You and yours are invited to participate in the Thirteenth Annual
TITUS VAN RIJN INVITATIONAL ONE-HOUR DISTANCE CLASSIC
WHAT: A one-hour footrace
WHERE: Your local track
WHEN: Anytime between May 1-June 14, 2011
* Your performance must take place on a standard 400 meter/440 yard track. Include partial laps in your final total; estimate distances as accurately as possible within reason.
* Send results to by midnight, 14 June 2011. In your results, please note name, total distance completed (in meters or yards), age, date, and location. We encourage you to include a brief report of your experience for the official race report.
* You may run the event more than once if desired, but only submit your best mark.
* You are encouraged to invite others to participate in the event.
* Complete results and race report will be sent to all participants.
World champions in football and baseball celebrate with champagne; the victor at the Indy 500 gets a bottle of milk. At Titus Van Rijn, the celebratory beverage of choice is black cherry soda. We encourage you to maintain the tradition.
ONE-HOUR TRACK RECORDS
World, women: 18,517 meters (~11.5 miles)
Dire Tune (Eth), Ostrava, Czech Republic 6/12/08
World, men: 21,285m (~13.2 miles)
Haile Gebrselassie (Eth), Ostrava, Czech Republic 6/27/07
USA, women: 17,273m (~10.7 miles)
Nancy Conz, Amherst, MA 6/25/81
USA, men: 20,547m (~12.8 miles)
Bill Rodgers (GBTC), Boston, MA 8/9/77
TVR, women: 14,578 (~9.06 miles)
Pam Smith (OR), 2011
TVR, men: 18,115 (~11.25 miles)
Greg Crowther (WA), Seattle, WA 5/27/2006
Since 1999, TVR competitors have amassed more than 4.3 million meters of distance and countless gallons of black cherry soda. Join the fun!
Check for NEWS and UPDATES here at the official TVR blog.
Please contact Andy Roth (andyleeroth (at) gmail.com) or Mike Persick (tvr1hour (at) gmail.com), TVR Meet Directors.