You and yours are invited to participate in the Fourteenth Annual
TITUS VAN RIJN INVITATIONAL ONE-HOUR DISTANCE CLASSIC
WHAT: A one-hour footrace
WHERE: Your local track
WHEN: Anytime between May Day (May 1) and Flag Day (June 14) 2012
* Your performance must take place on a standard 400-meter/440-yard track. Include partial laps in your final total; estimate distances as accurately as possible within reason.
* Send results to by midnight, 14 June 2012. In your results, please note name, total distance completed (in meters or yards), age, date, and location. We encourage you to include a brief report of your experience for the official race report.
* You may run the event more than once if desired, but only submit your best mark.
* You are encouraged to invite others to participate in the event.
* Complete results and race report will be sent to all participants.
World champions in football and baseball celebrate with champagne; the victor at the Indy 500 gets a bottle of milk. At TVR, the celebratory beverage of choice is black cherry soda. We encourage you to maintain the tradition.
ONE-HOUR TRACK RECORDS
World, women: 18,517 meters (~11.5 miles)
Dire Tune (Eth), Ostrava, Czech Republic 6/12/08
World, men: 21,285m (~13.2 miles)
Haile Gebrselassie (Eth), Ostrava, Czech Republic 6/27/07
USA, women: 17,273m (~10.7 miles)
Nancy Conz, Amherst, MA 6/25/81
USA, men: 20,547m (~12.8 miles)
Bill Rodgers (GBTC), Boston, MA 8/9/77
TVR, women: 14,895 (~9.25 miles)
Stephanie Snyder (OR), 2011
TVR, men: 18,115 (~11.25 miles)
Greg Crowther (WA), Seattle, WA 5/27/2006
Since 1999, TVR competitors have amassed more than 4.3 million meters of distance and countless gallons of black cherry soda. Join the fun!
Please contact Andy Roth (email@example.com) or Mike Persick (firstname.lastname@example.org), TVR Meet Directors.